Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Crowded



For the last couple of years I have been beginning to get serious about gardening. I have had a front yard and a vegetable garden for almost two summers, and think I am finally 'serious' about gardening. Serious enough that I am committed to blogging about it. In addition to being serious about my yard, I am also serious about my mom. Serious enough that I have decided to start blogging about our adventures in her greenhouse and at the farmers market. Because I am not sure whether I have a green thumb or a black thumb, I have decided to call this blog 'gray thumb gardening', as it could go either way.



I guess if I am going to be serious about gardening I should probably be serious about blogging. To show you how serious I am, I created my own 'super cool' banner, which, as soon as I figure out how to make one that is 'mega-super cool', will be replaced with said mega-super cool banner.

To begin my adventure into both serious blogging and serious gardening world, I took a series of pictures of my mom's greenhouse to show you how committed I must be to this whole thing. Although we have had no consistency of warm weather, we have been planting like crazy. We have become so crazy in fact that we have outgrown our greenhouse and have had to move our own plants to a greenhouse in town so that we can make room for our farmer's market plants which we will pick up on Wednesday.

At this point you may be asking yourself 'what is up with the Farmer's Market plants'?. If my blog were a novel, you, as a reader, would be in the 'rising action' phase. It is at this point in both my blog and in literature that you must continue reading in order to answer your question. To appease your suspense, if only briefly, I have included some pictures of the greenhouse.


As you can see, there is not room for much more. Stay tuned for a blog about my dreary front yard, my vegetable garden and more about the farmer's market.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see our journey in print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see YOUR front yard and YOUR vegetable garden this summer.
    GP

    ReplyDelete