Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Weekend Away







Tomorrow is Friday and I am ashamed to admit that I should have posted this earlier. You can blame my students, my Spanish teacher, my thesis, my children, my husband, and generally 'life stuff.' I have a better handle on my 'life stuff' now and am excited to finally talk about our hard work over this past weekend. Especially since the next weekend of non academic work is looming. The picture above is of some sap buckets that are new this year. I saw them online and fell in love with them, but when I saw them in person I was not quite as impressed. But, I think you can agree that they are beyond stellar planted.


Other things that are stellar when planted are teacups. The one above is an example of about 6 that we planted over the weekend, each with different flowers.







I wrote something clever and funny here, but deleted it and it is 10:47 at night so I am not going to try and recreate it. Think of the best possible sentence that fulfills all of your flowery-like desires and multiply it by one bazillion and you will be a little closer to the clever and funny thing I wrote. While you are trying to imagine such a phrase, perhaps you should go for a bike ride.







Tired from the brain work and riding your bike? Take a seat.




Here is an herb basket. It has thyme, sage, dill, chives and a couple of other herbs that I cannot think of. I suspect that my mom will fill you in with a comment below. Check back.


Another herb basket.


This stuff is called Angelina Sedum and it is stunning. Go find it!





If you look closely, the angelina sedum is poking out from behind the orange flowers. It provides a nice contrast.

It also looks nice in this little 'tool' basket.
And the winner of the weekend is....
Ignore the poor picture quality and think of purples and limes. Enough said. Stay tuned for a blog about my first tree planting experience.












1 comment:

  1. After a few days of rest and relaxation the flowers have all perked up in the newly planted containers and look wonderful. The bike, large teacup (with orange flowers and sedem), one of the sap buckets and the tool planter have all been sold and they aren't even a week old. Nice job planting Dana!!

    ReplyDelete